Saturday, January 16, 2010

Virtual Paintout - finally


So, for months I have been following the blog of Bill Guffey, The Virtual Paintout.

Every month I find an image and save it to my desktop and never end up doing the challenge. Well, I finally did it and finished a painting. This month the location is Corsica, France. I did a pencil drawing, used watercolor and then decided to do an ink drawing over the top with a Sharpie pen. Of course now that it is done I am not entirely happy with it, but oh well. It is finished and it felt good to paint again just for me.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I found you through The Virtual Paintout. I did the same thing, followed it for months and just posted my first one also. Not happy with mine, but never am.. Yours looks great, I've always liked ink and watercolor, and it kind of inspires me to try it again. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's grand! Welcome to the Paintout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I found you via the VPO and I must say that I love your work. The colors and your style both! I shall be visiting frequently to see more (I love your botanicals too!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be happy with it - it's a lovely piece. I homed in on it straight away as one of my favs this month. x

    ReplyDelete