Sunday, October 17, 2010

Virtual Paintout - San Miguel de Allende, Mexico


Tonight while hanging with my family and watching some TV, I finally got around to completing another Virtual Paintout. I always find shots, I almost always start, I rarely finish lately.
Today, I spent about an hour on this in my sketchbook. It was fun to draw curled up on the couch, with my laptop beside me and the book on my lap.
The drawing was done in a sharpie pen, watercolor was added (with my Niji brush and a travel pan set), and then I finished up with more pen over the top of the color washes.
I am using an AquaBee Super Deluxe 9x9 inch spiral bound sketchbook right now, the one with heavyweight(150 gsm) paper. As far as watercolors, I am using an old pan set from Marabu, that I got at an estate sale. I just checked their website and they don't even make watercolors anymore. Lots of other cool looking paints and supplies, no watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment