Thursday, May 17, 2012

Paintout at Home

Fabriano Venezia Sketchbook - open spread 12x18, 
Faber Castell Pitt pen size F, Grumbacher watercolors 
Sometimes the best place to go on a paintout is in your own yard.  You can have a chair, use the bathroom and take a break if needed, plus you are finding the beauty in what you are surrounded with everyday.
I came home from work yesterday and my first two poppies had bloomed and were just screaming to be painted so I grabbed my big book, my paints, and a chair and spent a couple of hours out in the yard sketching the poppies
Go grab your gear and paintout at home today!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am impressed by your beautiful poppies. I saw those journals at Wet Paint the other day and really wanted one...instead I just stood there and felt the paper (i already have a ton of journals)
    very nice!

    ReplyDelete