Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quick Everyday Objects



A couple of recent quick sketches from my journal.  I have been using the Faber-Castell PITT calligraphy pen to draw a quick contour line drawing and then filling in with a quick wash of Daniel Smith watercolor; each sketch took about fifteen minutes start to finish.  My current journal is hand made with fawn colored Stonehenge paper, which I haven't used in a while and had forgotten how much I like it.
The fun thing about this pen is that it gives a great line that is variable and I find that drawing with it fast forces me to distill the visual information down to it's basic shapes without getting hung up on fussy details. A quick splash of some watercolor, in both sketches I only used Indanthrone Blue and Burnt Sienna, and the page is full in about fifteen minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment