Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Owls on my mind


So lately I keep drawing owls; they just keep coming up in my work. Maybe it is because we have a pair of owls in our yard and I frequently see and hear them or maybe it is because they are really beautiful and interesting birds. Who knows.
I have decided that I am going to use them to create an Artist book to enter into the "Foot in the Door 4" show at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
This owl is a charcoal drawing I did in my classroom while my students worked the other day and I think will become part of the book. As I work I will try to post bits and parts.

~ A tiny note . . .  
This post is from two years ago in November and has moved itself to here after I edited through some old draft posts.  Strange, but not worth deleting the post - just know it is old and has reposted itself fresh.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful piece, Suzanne. The details you are getting with charcoal are magnificent. Every time I attempt charcoal I have a dirty smudgy result. Sigh...So nice to see one that isn't messy like mine. Good luck with your show too!

    ReplyDelete