Thursday, January 10, 2013

MetroSketchers Portrait Party

Anna
Stonehenge paper in handmade journal
Faber-Castell PITT pen size S
On Sunday, January 6th, about twenty artists from the MetroSketchers group met at a like minded couple's home to enjoy each-other's company and have a Portrait Party.    A Portrait Party is simply when a group of people get together and draw one another's portraits.  I managed to draw three of my fellow sketchers in about two hours (we met for three hours but I know I wasn't always sketching).  Part of me looks at these and wishes I had just done a contour line drawing and then added watercolor and another part of me is happy with my simply pen sketches.  Either way it was good practice for the upcoming Visual Journal Collective's Portrait Party on the 21st and lots of fun.

Jajeev
Stonehenge paper in handmade journal
Faber-Castell PITT pen size S
Justin
Stonehenge paper in handmade journal
Faber-Castell PITT pen size S

No comments:

Post a Comment