Friday, November 8, 2013

Art from my classroom.


My sixth grade students are working on watercolor koi fish and while they painted today I drew and painted a few more koi myself. In only about ten minutes of course before I had to answer a question and settle a disagreement.
I am working on Stonehenge paper here that was left over from another class making accordion books, so it was folded before I drew on it (causing my washes to settle in the creases). I used a Uniball Vision Elite pen, which I assumed would be waterproof like a regular Uniball, but it is not it turns out, at all. My lines bled and blurred into my painting the longer I painted, or the longer they were wet really.  When I realized the pen wasn't waterproof and that the longer the sheet was wet the more paint that pulled out from the line, I started to try and play with the effect a bit as a way of adding value. As you can see from the photo, I am painting with classic Crayola watercolors. I have my regular Daniel Smith colors with me but I was curious what I could do with the sets in my room and they were out from my demonstration on my counter so it was easy to go from what I was doing to a little bit of play in a peaceful moment.
What I do know is that I am putting these in my bag to take home and add to a Not-So-Blank-Journal page when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment