Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sketching at the Minnesota Zoo

I have been so behind on scanning and posting my work this fall.  It is not because I haven't been out sketching but mostly because I have been busy and would rather spend my time making art than scanning art.  To try and remedy this situation I am going to be doing a couple of quick posts this week and next with simply a few images and minimal text, showing some of my sketching out adventures from this fall.
Hornbill sketch in handmade book on Rives BFK,
PITT pen size F, Daniel Smith watercolors.
Sketched from life a the MN Zoo.
These sketches are from the end of September at the Minnesota Zoo where I spent an afternoon sketching and enjoying beautiful fall weather outdoors with a good friend and her young daughter.  We had a great day sketching, enjoying the animals and each other's company.

Oaks on the grounds of the MN Zoo in Apple Valley.
Handmade book with Rives BFK paper, Faber-Castell PITT calligraphy
pen, Daniel Smith watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment