Friday, April 23, 2010

The first in a line of owls.


This year in my classes as I have been doing demonstrations and examples, I have been repetitively using an owl as my subject matter whenever possible. This started by accident and since noticing my tendency towards owls, I have just embraced it and have been very intentional about my choice to use an owl.

This has created a body of owl work through the school year. I think the most interesting part has been using an owl as a subject or theme across a wide variety of mediums.

In a simple effort to try and post more, here is the newest in an upcoming parade of owls as I bring home my examples and projects to pack up for the summer.

This owl was created this week as I began a unit on block printing with an introductory project. The print block is small, 2 x 3 inches, and carved out of and easy cut rubber sort of product. So it is more of a stamp, but it is printed with water-based speedball ink on regular white paper.

2 comments:

  1. Oh and this is delightful! Reminds me of images from old childrens' books, or of great notecards...Just a fun piece, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great style! I found you through the Virtual Paintout and loved your entry!

    ReplyDelete