Monday, April 26, 2010

MCBA Visual Journal Collective.


Last monday night I went down to the Minnesota Center of Book Arts (MCBA) to meet with the Visual Journal collective for their monthly meeting (link will take you to Roz Stendahl's blog about the meeting; she is the group's leader). I have been going to meetings since the beginning of the year and I throughly enjoy the group and the chance it gives me to draw something new once a month - oh - and the kick in the pants it gives me to draw as much as possible during any regular week.
Last week we had a special speaker, Karen Engelbretson, who is a local graphic designer and botanical artist. She talked to us about drawing botanicals as well as using our art on stuff, rather than just having it sit in journals or sketchbooks.
As always it was a good time. These pears were each done during a five minute sketch that night using a sharpie pen.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful little sketch, Suzanne. I'm playing with the art on stuff idea myself these days.

    ReplyDelete